Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do u solve equations? can u show me a example? and tutorial?

im really confused!! i dont get any of it! i have a test! aswel. =[How do u solve equations? can u show me a example? and tutorial?
I'm not sure what kind of equations you are talking about specifically, so I will explain how to complete the most simple types of equations.





#1. x - 4 = 2.


First, add four to both sides.


x = 6.





#2. x + 4 = 6.


First, subtract four from both sides.


x = 2.





#3. x/4 = 9.


First, multiply each side by four.


x = 36.





#4. 2x = 4.


First, divide each side by two.


x = 2.





#5. 4x - 7 = 9.


First, add seven to both sides.


4x = 16.


Next, divide each side by four.


x = 4.





I hope that I helped you!How do u solve equations? can u show me a example? and tutorial?
There are lots of kinds of equations, so my answer will be very general and broad. The goal is usually to isolate the variable, and anything you do on one side of the equal sign, you must also do on the other side too. I think of an equation as being like a see-saw, and the = sign is the pivot point. I have to keep it balanced, with each side the same height from the ground. So if I subtract something from one side, I have to subtract it from the other side too, or the other side will be heavier and fall to the ground.





I do online tutoring for free in Algebra mostly but also some geometry. You are always welcome to email me from my profile page and ask questions. I'm pretty good at explaining math. Also, go through some of my old answers so you can see for yourself whether or not you understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment